Building a custom home can be an exciting adventure and choosing the right builder can make this a memorable experience. My job is to help you every step of the way to achieve your financial and building goals. I have a team of people that I closely work with including contractors, architects, interior designers, and lenders. I am with my clients every step of the way throughout the building process to ensure they are satisfied with not only the end product but the many steps in between.
Here is a basic idea of how the process works:
- The first step would be to contact a lender or banker to help define your construction budget and to start the loan approval process. There are lenders and banks that I work with and trust that I can recommend to you if you need some resources.
- The next step is to locate the property you would like to build on. If you already have a lot, tear down or remodel, I can meet with you at your building site to discuss building options and challenges. If you haven’t yet purchased a property, I can be part of the process by viewing home sites with you as you narrow them down.
- After your financing is underway and your property has been selected, meeting with an architect is important so that the house plans can be developed. Once the plans are complete, I will do a final bid showing the total cost of your home and after you have approved the proposed budget the construction agreement is signed.
- At this point, some of my clients choose to work with an interior designer to help with the selections for their home.
- Once the loan is finalized, the construction of your home begins.
These steps are a general breakdown of how the process works but each client and their situation is unique which is why I like to meet with every potential client in person to discuss their specific needs and expectations. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions that you may have, and I hope to help you build your dream home.